CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I've become a "real" parent now!

For all you late twenty and early to mid thirty year olds, do you remember back in the day when a sign of how cool you were was just how big your CD carrier was? Although I love music, I was never much of a CD person. I just loved listening to all the different radio stations and it really wasn't until I got into college that I started to slowly expand my CD collection. This was only due to the fact that I had a boyfriend (now my husband) who was constantly burning me CD's of all the songs we liked. Even now, if you rummage through all my CD's, I probably still have less than 50. But you must be wondering what in the world this has to do with parenthood? Well, I did something today that was a first. I completely unloaded my CD carrier, carefully picked a handful of CD's I still actually like, then loaded it back up with.... wait for it.... KID'S DVD's! Now that we have a DVD player in the car, it is a great luxury and Makayla is constantly wanting me to play movies. I didn't want them to always be plugged into a tv, so I only kept maybe 3 DVD's in the car. Well, we have gone through those DVD's over and over again and Mommy really can't handle hearing, "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly, perhaps she'll die...", one more time! So just to have an arsenal of choices, I have loaded up my carrier with tons of DVD's. Never in a million years when I bought that carrier did I ever think I would be using it as a parenting tool... 
I did, however, buy a smaller, more compact CD case and the handful of CD's I still listen to will fit nicely in there. I just feel like I have come to a turning point, even though I have been a mother for well over 5 years now. The things I once treasured as a single adult have slowly been ignored or turned into useful parenting tools. Another example is my CD/DVD burner on my computer. I was so excited to get this with dreams of making all these crazy cool things, but now I mostly use it to burn children's CD's! Lol! I don't mind at all, but it's just funny how much your perspectives change when you become a parent. 


So I need to bid farewell to the following:


Paula Abdul- Spellbound  circa 1991
the Cranberries- No Need to Argue  circa 1994
Matthew Sweet- 100% fun  circa 1995
Counting Crows- Recovering the Satellites  circa1996
Real McCoy- Another Night  circa 1995
Spice Girls- Spice  circa 1996
Tribute to the Notorious B.I.G.- circa 1997
Soundtrack to Romeo + Juliet- circa 1996
Adam Sandler- they're all gonna laugh at you  circa 1993
matchbox 20- yourself or someone like you  circa 1996
Alanis Morissette- jagged little pill  circa 1995


(these are not all of them, but the ones I literally laughed out load when I saw them)


We had a good run and had some good times, but I'm just not that into you anymore... 

0 comments: