CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Remember us??

Well good grief! Life has kept us so busy, I keep forgetting about this blog!! I'm so sorry!! Well time for a quick catch up!

- I'm still the social media manager at the fire department, but I'm also the photographer, Rehab member and Community Education member. I get to go to our local schools in our district every fall and teach second graders about fire safety! I absolutely love it!

- Phil is still at his job, although they are getting a new CEO and President. Things are already so much better and less stressful for him and the other employees.

-Makayla is now 12 and in 7th grade! I know, what?! She still loves mermaids and unicorns and is just a social butterfly! She's really enjoying junior high and has some great teachers! She is still in Girl Scouts and went on her first overnight camp in the woods in Oct. and had a ball. I can't remember if I told you all, but Makayla was diagnosed with ADHD several years ago. She is doing well in school and we are so happy! She had been on meds up until this last year, and she says she was started to feel weird on it, so she stopped taking it and her grades have been great!

- Jackson is 8 and in third grade! His favorite things are Mario and Luigi, Minecraft and wishing for a PlayStation for Christmas. (I think I heard that Santa got that already! 😉) Jackson was also diagnosed several years ago with ADHD, but was also diagnosed with autism this past year. However, he is still his sweet self and is working hard on making and keeping friends (typical trait of HFA). He is such a funny kid and loves to tell jokes and make people laugh!!

My brother and sister in law had another baby, a beautiful girl named Cora in July of 2016, so she's 2 1/2 now. My nephew will be 6 in January! I can't believe how big they aren't both getting!!

My parents are doing well! However, their house did flood in Hurricane Harvey in Aug/Sept 2017. It was pretty devastating. There was 5-6 ft of water in their house for over 2 weeks straight. They just moved back recently, but have had to stay upstairs until all the repairs and appliances can be installed. It has been a very stressful year, but we do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Our family also adopted a new kitten back in Aug 2018. She is a beautiful calico princess. She keeps us all on our toes!

One really sad update is that my precious Memaw passed away in Sept 2016. She was 93. She is still missed deeply but know she's with our Heavenly father.

I think that's all for now! I promise I'll try to be better at this!!

           Mistletoe Makayla and Jingle Jack
                           December 2018

0 comments: