CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Horton Hears A What?!

So it's been a while.. so sorry for the absense. A lot has been going on. We finally got through the Princess's 2nd Birthday! We had a party for her and her classmates and it went really well. Then we had Valentine's Day..that was fun! She had yet another party at school, and of course those are always fun. (Note the sarcasm here.) The parties themselves are great, but it's the end of the parties that is always the worse. The Princess gets all excited when I show up, (I work at the school she attends, FYI) but when it comes time for me to leave, she throws herself on the floor and starts screaming and crying. Well, the teacher in me says,ok just give her a kiss and tell her goodbye, but the Mommy in me wants to just grab her and hug her and just cuddle her until she stops crying. Needless to say, this is gut-wretching. Sometimes being a parent just really sucks. I just hate the decisions you have to make. I don't want her to be the only kid without a parent coming to the parties, but I also don't want to traumatize her every time I leave. So the guilt sinks in. Seriously, sucks.

Ok moving on. So I have a goofy sense of humor. Yeah, can you believe it? I love a good movie that leaves me with my sides hurting. I need to mention however, that I have yet to take the Princess to a movie out in public yet. She has seen movies in the comfort of our home, where if she starts acting like a hooligan we can stop the movie and tell her to grow up or she'll start having to buy her own movies. Well, I just saw the trailer for "Horton Hears A Who"... oh.... my .... gosh. I am SO excited, if only for the fact that the main voices will be Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell! So awesome! This actually looks like something I can take the Princess to without her having a meltdown. And to top it off, it comes out Mar. 14th, which is the beginning of our Spring Break! So this is just a warning for anyone who might be going to this movie in Houston during that week, if you see an overly excited woman toting along a 2 yr. old who might look less than amused, chances are, it is me! I will try to keep my excitement down to a bare minimum.

0 comments: