CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 04, 2010

God is Good!!

We've been so busy that this if my first chance to update you all on Jackson and Makayla's Dr.'s appointments from this past week. First up was Makayla, we took her down to TCH to get a bone age done on her hand. (Basically an x-ray). Phil had a condition when he was younger and we wanted to make sure that Makayla didn't have it as well. Luckily, the x-ray came out great and she doesn't have it! Whohoo!!!


Next up was Jackson. We arrived and after a few min. they call us back to weigh and measure him, then they do the blood work. This usually involves a heel stick and they collect a relatively small sample of blood. But the last 2 times they've stuck him, he will immediately start clotting and they usually have to stick him again to get enough blood. :-( I hate this, but I know it has to be done, but it still makes me sad that he has to be in pain. This time took the cake though. They stuck one heel and sure enough, they had barely gotten a few drops when he started clotting. They tried all kinds of tricks, but nothing would work. So they stuck the other heel and again, after a few drops, it started clotting as well. Luckily Jackson was pretty much sleeping through this. So then they decide to stick his hand. Ugh. I am starting to get frustrated here, as I know it's not the nurses fault, but come on! When they stuck his hand, apparently the vein just wouldn't cooperate and they couldn't get any blood! Grrrr!! So they called in another nurse and they had to go for the big guns. I had to hold Jackson down (this is making me tear up even as I think about it now, 2 days later) while he screamed bloody murder and they went for one of the veins in his arm. After 10-15 min. of poking around with her finger to get the exact spot, they stuck him again. So this makes his total now 4 sticks in an hour's time. But thank goodness they got a good vein and got the blood! My poor baby! But he went right to sleep the minute they were done. He's such a trooper!
So we went back out to the waiting room and it wasn't long before they called us back to a room to wait for the Dr. I am starting to get very nervous at this point. When we had his counts done 2 weeks ago, they had jumped up to 92,000! So I was trying not to get overly excited, but I was very optimistic! Finally the Dr. came in and we made some small talk, then he dropped the bomb. Jackson's platelet level was 263,000!!!! He said that Jackson is cured!! We no longer have to see him and NO MORE STICKS!! I couldn't believe it! I think I had to ask him like 3 times to repeat it! I almost started to cry! This is all over!
I now have 2 completely healthy children! I could not be happier! God is truly in control! I again want to thank everyone for their continued support and prayers through this ordeal!

1 comments:

margaret said...

I am soo happy about Jackson!! that is just so wonderful- see you soon as we are coming to visit!
margaret (kirsten's mom)