CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What happens when you piggy back your 50lb. 4 yr. old ....

Yeah, so this sucks.
4 weeks ago I was rough-housing with Makayla. She was on my back and I was running around the house and I managed to twist my ankle. I didn't hear anything pop, so I knew it wasn't broken, but it was sore and immediately started swelling. I figured that would last maybe a week and would go away, but nope. 4 weeks later and it is still extremely swollen and still tender to the touch. I finally decided enough was enough and went to see the Dr. today. They took a bunch of x-rays and Dr. determined that it is a very bad sprain and there are some damaged ligaments on the top of my foot. He said we HAVE to get the swelling under control or else the tissue in my foot will get damaged, and then I will be in real trouble. So he said I needed a soft cast, which entails some binding inside that will help the swelling redistribute back up my leg. I am supposed to wear this for a week and then cut it off myself. Then I will go back in 2 weeks and he will check on it again. I can't get this thing wet and I basically have to treat it like a hard cast. Boooo. At least it wasn't broken and I can keep my record of no broken bones! Whohoo!



0 comments: