CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

A work in progress

Ladies and Gents, we have reason to celebrate! The Princess went pee-pee in her potty! Yes, I did just write that. I had originally planned to really put all my potty training efforts to work this summer, but apparently our daughter had other plans. Don't get me wrong, we are very excited! She is really showing us that she is sick and tired of her diaper, seeing as she takes it off any chance she gets. So tonight she came running to me naked, again, so I said, alright, let's go use the potty. Not to sound mean, but I really didn't expect her to go. We have tried this before and all we get is her sitting there, looking bored and then stuffing toilet paper in the potty. (Only because it makes this charming little noise when stuff passes the sensor.) Well, I was about to give up since she was standing up next to the potty when she gives me this funny look and says, "Uh oh Mommy." She was starting to pee, so I told her to quickly sit down and she did!! She got so excited too! It was so cute! It was like a light went off, oh, so that's where it is supposed to go! Yeah! So anyway, we rewarded her and put her to bed! Hopefully this trend will catch on! Ok, I know this was kind of a "Mommy blogger" post, so I promise to get back to my usually snarly self soon! Ha! Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day/weekend!

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

Way to go Princess! I'm in the process of potty training A2 as well but I'm not really forcing the issue. Of course it's pretty embarrassing now that he yells, "I crap pants" no matter WHERE we are now! I figure at least he's aware and will eventually get tired of it or of me huffing and puffing every time he does that!

Heather said...

Congrats! I remember when my daughter just decided out of the blue she wanted to use the potty, but it had to be the "big" one, not the little one. And she never looked back. I was very lucky she was so easy!