CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 02, 2008

The Big 3-0!!

Hi friends! Well, my hubby turned the big 3-0 yesterday. Yeah, he' s old now. Haha! No, he had a very good birthday, we went to his parents house where we ate lots of good food and he got lots of presents! My parents, Memaw, brother and his gf were there as well, so a good time was had by all. Hubby was really not to thrilled to turn 30, but he'll get over it. I, however, will be a complete wreck. I don't know what it is about 30, but I won't like it one bit. I do have 1 whole year to rejoice my last days of youth though... I will be turning 29 in Aug. so at least I have a little while before my nervous breakdown. As you have gathered thus far, I am completely freaked out by turning 30. I just feel like I will have to start acting like a "grown-up." I won't be able to get away with silly little things like I used to because I am not in my 20's anymore. Anyone have any tips on coping with the big 3-0? My husband will certainly appreciate any sound advice you might have to give.

6 comments:

DeeDee said...

Turning 30 isn't as bad as you may think! I think I was more bummed out by being 29 than I was when I finally rolled over to 30. And for the record I'm 33 and still just as immature as ever! I like to live by idea that 40 is the new "old" now.


Sounds good in my head anyway.

Sharon said...

Dee-Dee
I really don't have any logical reason for being freaked out by turning 30... I just am... although I can honestly say that I probably won't lose a lot of my endearing childish behaviors! Haha! So there, life, take that! Just because I am almost 30, I refuse to act any age above 25!!!

Heidi said...

My husband told me that "40 is the new 30" (he's 41), so I said "great! that means I really am still 18!" :) so, just think of it that way! you've got a LONG way to go until 30! :)

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!! I just turned 30 on May 23rd! It wasn't bad... I definitely wasn't dreading it but I knew it was going to be BIG! Do you have any big plans for your last year in the 20s?
:)
Best,
Audrey

Sharon said...

Well, I envision myself pulling a "Phoebe". If you watch FRIENDS, Phoebe has this list that she wants to do everything on before she turns 30. I am going to make a list and try to do everything on it. What is on it, you might say... well a few things such as:

Skydive
Vegas Baby!
Have another baby
Get my business more popular

Just to name a few!

Megan said...

I am a big fan of 'Vegas, Baby! " Of course that's kind of for selfish reasons! :9