CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Babies, babies and more babies...

Ok, I might have added one too many babies...! So 2 of my best friends are pregnant!! Yeah!! They are also BOTH due in April, within weeks of each other! So exciting!! I can't even begin to explain how ecstatic I am about this!! There are several reasons why I am so excited, so here they are:
When I got pregnant many many moons ago (back in 2005/2006), none of my friends had kids. Not a single one. So my pregnancy was a pretty lonely one. I had no one to compare notes with or ask questions or anything. Luckily my pregnancy was a very easy one and I never got sick or had any complications. This did not however take away that very lonely feeling. Being pregnant is just an amazing experience and I could not wait until my friends could experience it too. It is truly a magical, wonderful thing to grow a baby inside you and just feel that connection. Ok, I know I am getting sappy, but it is awesome. I felt very sorry for my husband that he could not feel what I was feeling in my body. Another reason I am excited is just the fact that a baby truly does change everything. Your whole life revolves around that baby. Your feelings and well being come last.. now this might not sound too appealing for some of you, but it is totally worth it for the following reasons:

  • First smile
  • First laugh
  • First roll over
  • First crawl
  • First steps
  • First words
  • First day of school
  • Your child telling you they love you
I have personally experienced each of these events, and even now I tear up at the mere thoughts of them. There is absolutely no better feeling that having your child look at you and telling you that they love you. Oh. my. gosh. And believe me, you might think there are things that are better, but trust me, there isn't.

So knowing that my friends are about to embark on such events just makes my heart ache for them! (In a good way!) Ok ok, I know I need to stop now or the water works will really start flowing!

**To Kelly and Sara,
I truly love you both and I am so deleriously happy for you and can't wait to meet your little bundles of joy!!**

Mama G

0 comments: