CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Makayla!

On this day 3 years ago, my OB was telling me at this exact moment that my blood pressure was too high, but the baby was doing ok. She felt though, it was time to get the baby out before my bp went up anymore and put the baby in stress. I was totally floored. My due date was still more than 2 weeks away, I had left everything at home. This was supposed to be just a routine Dr.'s visit and it turned into my baby's birthday. They asked me to go straight to Labor and Delivery and check in. I immediately called Phil and told him to go straight home, get the bags, the car seat, all the cameras and rush to the hospital. Luckily my mom was with me on the particular visit, so she kept me calm. Otherwise, I would have totally lost it. As soon as Phil got to the hospital, we started calling everyone on our phone tree list! They still had a lot of things to do to get me prepped for the emergency C-section, and most of my friends were able to make it to the hospital before Makayla was born. At around 5:15, they wheeled me into the delivery room and gave me my epidural. They got everything ready and at 5:52 pm, our beautiful, precious angel came into this world. She was 8 lbs. 4 oz. and 20.25 inches long. She had jet black hair and was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

One day old..

She was 7 months old here, we are visiting the Pumpkin Patch 2006

I love this picture, she was not quite 2 yet

Christmas 2007 She was 1 here.

At 6 weeks old, Makayla started sleeping through the night, and started getting some teeth at 6 months. 2 weeks before her 1st birthday, she started to walk! After that, there was no stopping this girl! She is fearless! At 2, the stubborn streak kicked in. (BTW, I have NO idea where she gets that from..) She is a perfect mix of all-girl and tomboy rolled into one! One day, she is all about the Princesses and the next, it is all about cars and trucks and climbing everywhere like a monkey! She loves forts, animals, dressing up and eating at Chick-fil-a! We have loved every single second we've had with her and look forward to enjoying many many more birthdays and precious moments together.

Makayla's 2nd birthday! She got a trike!

Feb. 8th, 2009 Her 3rd Birthday!

We love you Makayla and thank God every single day for giving you to us and letting us be your parents.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy


3 comments:

Donnetta said...

I love reading birth stories! Thanks for sharing with us and Happy Birthday, Makayla!!

Anonymous said...

Aww thats SO sweet! Could Makayla look anymore like you!! She is just to cute! Hope she had a very wonderful bday!!

margaret said...

She is just so adorable!! awesome! love her hair and her cute outfit!