CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Countdown to School!

Hi all! Well I'm sure most of you are aware that school is just around the corner! (Next week for some of you!) Makayla's school however, doesn't start until Sept. 7th! Which is a blessing and a curse at the same time. Let me explain...
It's been great having all this time to spend with Makayla, but at the same time, with a small baby in the house, it's hard some days to give her all the attention she needs/wants. Some days, Jackson is wonderful and content swinging or playing in his jungle gym, but other days he wants to be held constantly and that's when it gets hard to juggle having 2 kids. I know at school she will have so much fun playing with other children and getting to do projects etc. and will get the attention she so desires. So while I am enjoying my time with her, I am definitely ready for school to start as well! 


Other than that, I am still trying to cope with the hurt I feel from getting let go from my job. I still have connections at the school and was told recently that they have hired 2 brand new, FULL TIME aides. This is after they gave me the BS excuse that they didn't have it in the budget to keep any aides. Of course, these 2 new people have their degrees and teaching certificates, and it blows me away that being that educated, they would take an aide job for probably very little pay. What also hurts is the fact that they just weren't honest with me. If they wanted someone with a teaching certificate, then at least tell me that! Even though I don't have one, at least I have no one else to blame but myself for that! They could have just as easily said they needed people with a little more experience and a cert. for the position and honestly I would have respected that. I have absolutely NO respect for people who lie about something to try and spare my feelings, especially when you know I have friends there and will hear the truth eventually! 


It also makes me sad that I went to this school when I was young and it seems to just be going down the drain. They have way too much turn-over with the Head of School position so they can't ever get a good solid foundation because every couple of years they have someone new who has a different way they want to run things. I really hope that they can get someone in there who wants to stay for the long haul and really wants what is best for the kids and teachers alike. 


Ok, enough of that or else I will start to cry. I am determined to try and see what God has in store for me and what he is trying to tell me. Hello God, it's me, Sharon. I'm listening......

0 comments: